HR 101: How to hire your first employee
Ready to hire your first employee? Congratulations! Before you hire someone, you need to understand legal requirements as an employer such as tax payments, government registrations, and employee benefits.
Back Office Remedies walks through must-do processes for hiring new employees step by step so that you can take your business to the next level without unwanted fines and penalties or disputes.
This workshop is a great roadmap for not only startups that look to hire a new member, but also a helpful resource for small business owners to review current hiring procedures to see if it meets legal requirements.
During this seminar, you'll learn:
- Legally required steps to hire employees
- Important tactics to protect your company from employee related issues, lawsuits, fines, EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) requirements, and penalties.
Also, after the seminar, you will have an opportunity to meet with Jeffery Stone, MBA, EA, the founder and the president of Back Office Remedies and Weena Powell, Certified Benefits Coordinator & Human Resource manager for a one-on-one consultation FREE of charge.
This seminar is free and open to everyone. Bring your friends or coworkers. We look forward to seeing you all!
Please RSVP below:
Topics we cover:
1.Before you hire …
- Obtain an employer identification number
- Register with your state's labor department
- Questions you can’t ask during interviews
- How to check personal reference
- How to verify employment eligibility
- Set a salary & choose the employee’s classification
- Minimum wage determined by federal laws
- Employee classification for tax reason
2.After the job offer…
- Job offer letter
- IRS Form W-4, Withholding Allowance Certificate
- I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification for each new employee
- New hire report
3. What happens after you hire…
Payroll & Tax
- Independent Contractor or Employee
- Employee Paperwork (W-4 form)
- Decide on a Pay Period
- Carefully Document Your Employee Compensation Terms
- Choosing a Payroll System
- Running Payroll
- Get Record Keeping Savvy
- Report Payroll Taxes
Workers’ compensation & Safety management
- Get workers' compensation insurance
- Adopt workplace safety measures
- Set up employee benefit
- Create an employee handbook
- Set up personnel files
- Post required notices
Any Questions? We would love to hear!
If you have any questions regarding the topics we cover. Feel free to send us your questions to email@example.com . We will try to answer your questions during the seminar as much as we can.
About the organizer
Back Office Remedies Inc. is one of the fastest growing HR outsourcing firms and Professional Employer Organizations (PEO) in the U.S. We offer comprehensive HR solutions for small and mid-sized businesses including payroll, benefits, HR management, tax administration, and regulatory compliance so they can focus on their core mission. We pride ourselves in our excellent customer service. We are your partner for growth.
Updated on May 8, 2017 11:49